The third Mimeographic History design is “The Transexual Menace” T-Shirt (https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/politics/a35980637/history-of-feminist-t-shirt/) The Transexual Menace was the first direct action group of its kind in the US and amongst other things would hold demonstrations outside of trials for anti-trans crimes. The shirt was designed by Ricki Wilchins and Montine Jordan to emulate the style of the Rocky Horror Picture Show logo. In her book TRANS/gressive Wilkins said “f you passed, you were safe. But pulling on the T-shirt screwed all of that forever” Profits help us keep making the Totally Trans Podcast and support our big gay art.
• 100% ring-spun cotton
• Heather Grey is 90% cotton and 10% polyester (all other heather colors are 35% cotton and 65% polyester)
• Fabric weight: 4.3 oz/yd² (145.79 g/m²)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Double-stitched sleeves and bottom hem
• Blank product sourced from Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, or Bangladesh
This product is made especially for you as soon as you place an order, which is why it takes us a bit longer to deliver it to you. Making products on demand instead of in bulk helps reduce overproduction, so thank you for making thoughtful purchasing decisions!